Research Technician II
Seeking a Research Technician to assist with research activities of the Karch Lab at Washington University School of Medicine. To apply, please contact Celeste Karch at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacob Marsh at email@example.com
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs iPSC culture and conducts downstream experiments and screening assays
- Performs PCR, DNA and RNA extraction, Sanger Sequencing, and immunocytochemistry
- Works closely with project coordinators, staff scientists, trainees, and technical staff to ensure the success of projects
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in molecular, biochemical and cell biological techniques.
- Experience in techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, western blot, cell culture, transfection, fluorescence microscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Reliable, conscientious, and detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly productive in a fluid and collaborative work environment